Skip to content

Never thought I was a Gonzo Banker

July 19, 2008

I was approached by the people at Cornerstone about writing a piece about me and the credit union. If you have done this a few times it tends to be much of the same. Who, what, why, where, when and how. Pretty standard stuff. But the people behind Gonzo Banker were different and when the article was published it was a pleasant surprise. They are good. The best part is that the Credit Union Foundation of B.C. gets $250 in U.S. dollars.

Advertisements
9 Comments leave one →
  1. July 19, 2008 5:36 pm

Well deserved my friend!

2. July 20, 2008 7:28 am

I don’t know if the Gonzo reference relates to the Jim Henson’s Muppets character but here’s what Wikipedia says about Gonzo:
    “Gonzo is known for his wild-eyed, optimistic attitude, yet he is also something of an intellectual.” Remind you of Gene? Yes indeed!

3. July 20, 2008 11:24 pm

Nice work Gene! Congratulations.

4. cjsteven permalink
    July 21, 2008 6:30 am

Congratulations, Gene! That’s quite an honor.

5. July 21, 2008 6:35 am

Gene,

I don’t know what deserves the most praise: your admirable approach to technology, the write-up in GonzoBanker (long one of my favourites), how highly William Azaroff speaks of you or the fact that you listen to the Dandy Warhols. Nice choice!

Congratulations!

6. July 21, 2008 7:39 am

Definitely deserve the Gonzo title and exposure – awesome work!

7. July 21, 2008 11:18 am

I was so pleased when I saw! So deserved! And I’m not surprised that you had a great experience talking to the GonzoBankers, with whom I have the privilege of working with every week. Great folks.

I’m including a reference to your GonzoBanker profile in this week’s profile. More people need to read it!

Again, congrats!

8. July 21, 2008 11:19 am

I meant to type that I’m including a reference to your profile in this weeks’ CUES Tech Port e-newsletter. Thanks again for talking with me about your patent application!

9. July 22, 2008 7:02 am

Congrats, Gene! Well deserved.