Listed below are 3 days of points some of the speakers made. They are not in any order.
You could call them key points (ideas that hit a home run or were hat tricks). Some of the quotes have been adjusted for clarity but the italics are mine.
1. In a time of highly diverse issues we live with three common themes – detect you competition, destroy your competition or avoid your competition.
2. Brand equity is an investment. So how does an investment blog?
3. A credit union must become more than an ATM. Too bad some ATMs give better service.
4. Why should they care about what you do. You need to show members you do care. Differentiate. Caring and service are not the same.
5. The lowest employee on the organization chart has the great contact with the member. But why are they the least consulted when it comes to any change in process with the member?
6. Promises to members must be fulfilled. Focus on execution. There should be a method to monitor integrity.
7. Avoidance of pain is a great motivator. see point no. 1.
8. Personal agendas can harm collaboration. Tough to collaborate when our system is driven by personalities.
9. Direct mail response sites at 0.28% Read ‘Punk Marketing‘ for a full explanation. Seriously.
10. Not measured, not managed. Tatooable
11. Credit Union’s may have satisfied members but no loyal members. Something we all need to ponder.
Tomorrow we hear Lydia Johnson – Vancity, Jason Knight – Wesabe, Shari Storm – Verity CU & Trey Reeme – Trabian, Doug True – FORUM Solutions and Tim McAlpine – Currency Marketing. These are key individuals in today’s CU world and it is going to be an honour just sitting and listening to them.